Sunday, August 21, 2005

This building is trying to kill me

Well, we're skipping the promised topic and moving right into something else. 3 quick updates, then I'll tell you why you never want a security job.

First, going to a perverted picnic later today. Good times likely will be had by all. The Poet will be there as well as possibly Andrew and many munch regulars. Hoepfully I'll be able to chat with people about a few things that have lately been on my mind.

Second, I got to talk to Siren again today. I'm very jazzed about that since i enjoy talking to her so much. Our respective free times haven't seemed to match up as much lately, so I was really jazzed when we got to talk for awhile. It's weird, but my day suddenly got brighter when we started talking. Okay, maybe thats not weird, maybe its normal. But to me its new, and secretly I kind of like it.

Third. Thanks to Agony Aunty and the Pink Bottomed Girls for there links to me. I'm always jazzed when people decide they like what I write enough to link to it. So thanks so much, I really like both of these sites and encourage y'all to read them both. Also, if anyone else has linked to me and I haven't noticed it, let me know and I'll be sure to thank you.

Okay. Never get a security job. Ever. For any reason. Today my partner decided to call into work sick about 3 minutes before the shift started. And no one I called wanted to come in. Not that I blame them., it was a saturday night afterall. Anyway, I was already planning on bringing Paul over to hang out, talk and generally cause mischief. Well, he only stayed for about an hour and after that was when the day started to suck.

First, everything takes twice as long because I don't have a partner to do half of it. But thats not the bad part.

The bad part would have been the fact that all the lights in the scary part of the building are broken. Yes, all the lights, its a problem with the panel. And so i had the joy of walking many many times thru there armed with nothing more than a small flashlight and a wiffle bat That sucked but it wasn't the bad part.

The bad part was when I started hearing noises coming out of one of the very few rooms I don't have keys for. Noise that sounded like a machine was going to explode or break or catch fire. Very loud and terrible noises. I spent over an hour trying to break into that room and figure out what it was, with no luck. The cameras showed it was totally clear and I must have tried every key we had on the locks. So that was an hour of my night, plus another hour checking every nearby room and checking the outside of the building to try to find the noise. I never found it and it sort of spontaniously stopped after awhile.

Plus there was the usual dose of random scary noises and creepy feelings up the back of my neck. Except this time, there is no one to call to have them come chekc it out with me.

Plus, the idiots in charge of closing the building did a piss poor job and over a dozen doors were unlocked. Why don't we just hang a sign out that says "Hey murders and sickos, Jake Bullet's in here alone and he's fair game tonight"? That would be easier.

I often hate this building. Right now is one of those times. If it weren't for my wiffle bat and a mastery of wiffle bat kung fu, I'd be really freaked out.

Oh well, I make halfway decent money doing this and I can sue the money to obtain things I want. Like cool clothes. Or trips to places. Or sex toys.

Only another hour until I get the *bleep* out of here. Then veg out, then get poet, scope out our super secret plan, and head to the preverted picnic.

Good times.

Jake Bullet


No comments: