Sunday, August 07, 2005

Random Update

Well, I seem to have some time on my hands to kill, so I figured it was for a blog entry, although, today will not be the story of the first play piercing, that will be for a different day. Just random life updates and musing for today. Enjoy in good health. I have noticed however, that it felt weird not to be writing here the last few days.

Seeing Dawson has been quite nice and we have been catching up nicely. I wish he made slightly healthier decisions while out on the West Coast, but thats his call not mine. He's been having a less than great trip because so many random things he had to do (renew his passport, have wisdom teeth removed, etc.), have all taken place in the last several days. He's been hitting the pain pills for his wisdom teeth pretty hard, but thats because Dawson enjoys the "swimy" feeling he gets from them and he has an excuse to be altered around the parents. I worry about that boy.

Seeing Dawson has made me....backslide.....slightly on my commitment to not smoke anymore. But as soon as Dawson is out of the area, I'm back on the wagon! Or off it. Whichever one means not smoking at all. And for the record, I have yet to purchase any cigarettes. I swear I will be resuming the whole "smoke free" thing as soon as Dawson leaves. I just need to keep remembering that I quit so I could spend more money on S&M gear/events/etc. and so I could generally have more cash.

I asked someone a question the other day about something, expecting a polite "no thank you, but thanks for asking". I got a "possibly, let me check and get back to you". Which, I was fairly unprepared for. It never occurred to me that things might even possibly be a "yes" and so I was fairly taken aback by the answer I received. This development fills me with incredible amounts of fear and incredible amounts of excitement and anticipation. Excitement to the point of doing jazz hands....Yes, jazz hands. I should have more details by Tuesday or so. I cannot express in words how much I wish the answer can be yes. Until then, I'm left to imagine and hope.

I've registered for Kinky Kollege. And that promises to be a fabulous event. I need to remember to e-mail Pere today so I can ask him if he'll pierce my other nipple at the event. The Poet is coming along and we are working on rangling in different people, dealing with hotel matters, and setting up plans. I shall keep y'all updated. I have big plans for this event. Oh, and I seriously recommend attending because I've been to events by these people before and they are hella fabulous.

The Father's 50th birthday party went off quite well. The surprise was very surprising for him. The food was plentiful and delicious. The cake came equipped with the requisite number of candles. All was well. Plus several relatives drove in which made things even more entertaining and stressful for my mom. But all in all it was well and I managed to be very helpful which was nice. It was a dandy event.

Work, lately, has been significantly more annoying and distressing than usual. I fake-resigned 3 times today. Its a thing we have at work. You write something to the effect of:

Dear Boss,

I hate you. This job blows. I hate you. I hereby resign.

Jake Bullet
PS: I hope you choke on a bagel.


Then you give it to the boss and everyone giggles. Its a nice stress relief technique. I wrote 3 notes like that today. It was good times.

Well, now its time to go read many, many blogs and generally waste a night by wandering the building and floating through cyberspace. Well, that and spending more than a little time devoted to imagining what answers might await me come later this week. Till then y'all.

Jake Bullet

No comments: