Saturday, August 20, 2005

Cute clothes that boys should have

Well, the esteemed ropemaker himself, Monk, made a post a few days ago on the 5 items that ever boy should have in his wardrobe. And I really liked the list, I agreed with it all. And so, mostly because I'm weird, I've decided to add my own little perspective to it. Monk's list also has made me think that I need, desperately need, to go clothes shopping for some of these items.

Now, I'm in a bit of a different boat than Monk. I'm primarily a submissive who only has the occasional urge to top. I'm also bisexual. And I'm still in school. So my things are going to be slightly different than his, but I really like his list. So here are the several things which I believe every kinky, bi, political, student should own and wear. Enjoy in good health. Note: there is no order to this list.

1) Well worn, not shabby Levi Jeans. I totally agree, several pairs are definitely necessary because while they can be part of the "kinksters uniform", they also work in so many other areas. Hitting a coffee shop after class with someone cute. Having a casual meeting with someone who you know too well to try to impress anymore. Hitting the bars with friends. I intend to purchase several pairs of jeans later this week to supplement my collection. I think I may try to tempt the Poet along on a trip with promises of candy.

2) "Old school"/limited market University branded shirt. Every student needs one of these. Something you can pick up at your bookstore or that one of the guys down the street is selling. No, not that damn shirt that they give away at orientation. But rather one that's says "I've been here longer than you and I'm a bigger fan than you". Preferably you should have several of these and they should correspond to different sports. You are simply not allowed to attend a school sport event if wearing a shirt from a different school, many of us will throw rocks at you.

3) Conservative black suit. God do I need one of these desperately. I have squeaked through too many events in the past 6 months without a basic, conservative black suit. I plan on obtaining one of these very soon as well. However, I refuse to wear white button down shirts. Its a thing I have, I'm simply not going to do it. I have several bright colored dress shirts to add to a suit and I plan to take full advantage of those to make a bold statement.

4) Beads and lucky socks. Look, I'm a student and I enjoy many sports. Hence I have school color beads as well as lucky school socks. I personally know that my socks and beads have won atleast 2 soccer games and a men's basketball game. Swimmers seem immune to lucky socks, possibly because they do not wear socks.

5) Utilikilt. I'm planning on ordering this in the next 2 days or so. Seriously, boys in kilts are too hot. They are perfect for weddings, heading to class or kinky events. I must get myself one.

6) Tall black leather boots. Like these. To go with a kilt or just about any time you want to look tough and cool. Have I ever mentioned I have a thing for tall leather boots?

7) Short black boots. Very closely related to number 6. I'm getting too old to be wearing a pair of worn Adidas sneakers. Plus boots go with almost anything, so you need a pair of shoer black boots like these. And boots make you taller. A plus even when you're 6 foot like me.

8) Black Dress Shirts. Another one of Monk's. And the more and more I think about it, he's completely right. Seriously, think about it. Black dress shirts really are the male equivalent of the little black dress. And they can work for about 1000 different events, occasions or outfits. I only have the one right now, but I'm going to work on increasing my selection of black dress shirts. Word of advice fellas, you can kill a very pretty black shirt by not liberally using a link brush. I also think that one should never, for any reason wear white dress shirts, aleast go with a rich blue or crimson or something.

9) Kinky T-shirts. Obtain these at conventions, websites and trendy little stores. These should send the message, "my sex life would make you run away in fear". Its important to keep a supply of these. The tamer ones of these should occasionally be sprinkled into the vanilla world clothing items. Choose the one that will make your vanilla friends stop, pause and think for a moment. That way you get to grin secretly while they try to convince themselves that you don't like whips and chains.

10) A fabulous shirt. Shirts (and other items that go with it) which say "hey I'm queer too, wanna talk". Currently my favorite is a pink T-Shirt with a rainbow colored unicorn on it. It doesn't get much much more fabulous than that. I'm looking for a slightly toned down alternative to this pink shirt. But every boy, even the straight ones, need a fabulous shirt.

11) A bitchin hat. Can be a leather cowboy hat, can be a really well broken in baseball cap, can be a skull cap with a cool logo on it. But you need a cool hat. Its an absolute must. It can save you from bad hair days, save you on days your alarm clock breaks and can add that certain something to many different looks or outfits. Get a cool hat.

There are several other outfits or accessories which are needed for certain parts of my life. The "I've just written my final paper in 9 hours please don't fail me" outfit. The "Lets get drunk and party" outfit. The "I'm a basketball nut" outfit. And so many others. But the above nine items are key. And I'm going to work to ensure that soon enough I have all of these items. I already have some, but I need to finish the list. I think I'll start by ordering a kilt this week, then head out shopping for Levi's and Black dress shirts next. And then come the boots. I'm salivating just thinking about all the possible shopping trips.

Tomorrow I'll let y'all know what jams are spinning through my head lately. Its an interesting list to say the least.

Jake Bullet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

feel free to come on by and check the **big and tall**Blog/site