Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Work, Work, Work

I am not a very happy boy right now.

I just had a 3 hour meeting (yes midnight to 3am) with my boss. And now, after that meeting, I have 15 items on my to do list. Atleast 7 of which need to be done before I leave tonight. All of these 15 items to do involve me picking fights with various other departments and people at work. All of them will require atleast one face to face follow up meeting with various people at work outside of my department. And most of these items will involve days or weeks of follow up and actively fighting people for things they don't want to give me. I yelled at my boss a little for putting this all on me (because several of these things are very outside of my area of responsibility) but heres the really sucky part. All these things really do need to be done. And I wouldn't trust anyone else (except for Andrew in a helper role) to do any of this.

My boss's staff person was there as well and asked me if I wanted an intern or 2. And I said no. Stupid isn't it?? But I'm *very* particular about how I run my sub department. And I'd rather not have the help of an intern who I would end up yelling at constantly and redoing his or her work. So yeah, I'm not pleased with all this work, but on the bright side, I will get to secretly grin and say "erection" when I win. But its alot of fights that I have to actively pick, plus which ever ones naturally pop up. Why did I take this job? And why do I refuse to let anyone do any of it. Well, no, I'm going to have to assign Andrew to 2 of these things, but even then, I need to supervise to make sure we get what we want.

I really didn't want to write about this tonight. I wanted to write about fetishes we're not proud of. That would have been interesting. But I had to write about this.

Right now, would be the perfect time to have a violet wand and a rake attachment and just rub the back of my head with it. Just have somebody hold me and use a rake attachment on my head and tell me everything will be cool. That would be nice right now.

On my personal to do list:
-E-mail Pere asking if he'll pierce my left nipple at another convention I'm going to. And ask him if he'd be willing to do a needle play scene with me at the same convention.
-Keep......practicing....Because I'm thankful that I have another week to practice before trying asking for real.
-Send thank you notes to those who had a party after the CPR thing.
-E-mail the CPR person thanking them
-Work on my dad's 50th B-day party
-Figure out whether to talk to the sisters about the thing. Which I really don't want them to do.

I need a freaking vacation. Atleast I get to see Jonathan this weekend, I'm going to bring a fifth of whisky with me and just totally cut loose at his party. I need it.

Still not smoking....still kinda want one. Still have to go to the doctor and still looking for ways to squeak out of it.

Well, time to get started on the list of shit to do. Keep them comments coming people. They make blogging worth it.

Jake Bullet

No comments: