Wednesday, July 06, 2005

And the universe keeps spinning

Short entry.

I intended to go into work for 20 minutes today to go to a staff meetings and say "I have nothing to report". Instead I was in for 8 hours doing much work. I have decieded that even though I don't trust my boss, we can still do good things.

I hired Andrew as my assistant. Basically we work together on everything now. Plus, in one job I am his boss and can fire him, in the other, he's my boss and can fire me. Conflict of interest? Well, since he and I have gotten so drunk we can't see straight together at times, and we're really good friends, and he's most qualified to be my assistant we decided to tell anyone worried about conflicts of interest to shove off.

The poet returns tomorrow. She and her boyfriend will be sleeping over. Hence, I must clean my house. Anyone want to clean it for me???

Munch tomorrow, I look forward to it.

Sometimes, like today, I wish I could resume smoking. But them I remember that my clothes, breath and house smell better. I kicked a smokers cough that I had for 4 months. I can kiss cute people without having to constantly chew on mints. I have saved alot of money. And I'm healthier. But still, I really want one.

I am no longer living in two houses. The parents returned, victoriously, from vacation and so I have resumed living in my house.

I got to spend 3 hours on top of the building where I work, talking to Jonathan, looking at the stars from like 1-4am. It was very nice. And we had a good conversation. And he's having a party soon, so that should be fun.

I am currently making enough money to indulge in a fetish that I had to cut down on for years. Buying and reading books. Mmmmmm.....books.

Till later.

Jake

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, books.

I think the thing I miss most about living in Vietnam is going to bookstores.

From time to time, I take a mad dash to Singapore and spend hours in Kinokunya (a Japanese books store chain a little like Borders).

Even just touching those lovely new covers feels good. And the smell of fresh pages when you open a new book.

I'm inevitably overweight flying back to HCMC.

Hugs,

rg

Jake Bullet said...

The smell of new books, the feel of untouched, clean pages and covers, the excitement of exploring a new character or learning something new....... I must go book shopping again soon.

Jake