Wednesday, July 20, 2005

2 themes for today. Getting to talk to Siren. And visiting the doctor today.

So Siren. Wow, it was simply frigging great. And rather than blather on for 10 pages, I'll just give some highlites.

It wasn't very smart to be scared of talking to her.
She's smarter than me.
She can already see thru alot of my tricks.
She doesn't let things slide.
She askes fun but tough questions.
She is a really great writer.
She and I seem to share alot of the same ideas.
And, She makes me feel special.

Yes, that went quite well. Here's what went....well, less well.

I had an appointment to have this toenail fixed today. And I didn't want to go. Because it was with a male doctor who I had never seen and because I was scared and because I knew for a fact that it would hurt. But, I made the appointment and went. I filled out all the stupid forms (with the Poet there, trying to be reassuring, but I was kind of pushing her away) and fidgetted in the office. Then I went into the actual room and sat down (keeping my shoe on) until the doctor showed up. He walked in without even looking at the chart and didn't have the whole doctor way of acting. And he just had me take off my shoe and he said "yep, that needs to be fixed, I'll be back in a second". It was at this point that i noticed two things on his desk. One, what looked like a mini bone saw that was covered in dust. That was bad enough, but them there was the jar that was filled with like 3 scalpels and a bunch of sets of pliers and some other very frightening looking metal tools. All inside this jar of pink liquid. That freaked me out.

Well, he came back caring a needle and pulled the cap off as soon as he sat down. I said stopped and asked if we could discuss some other way of fixing things that didn't involve needles or scalpels. Well, he looked at me like that was the stupidiest thing he ever heard and said there weren't any other options. Well, excuse me for asking. I don't do medical play.

He asked if I wanted to do it, so I sat there for about 45 seconds swearing and thinking and I said yes, so he put his gloves on and then was getting ready to stab me in the foot with the needle. I should point out that he lied to me because he said it was novacaine and I know it wasn't. And just before he poked me, I told him to stop and that I couldn't do it, he said fine, recapped his needle and tossed in the red box and I put on my shoe and walked out.

The Poet said I was stupid for doing that and I should have let her go in with me. And so we just left and I didn't reschuedle. And I came up with a great idea about how I'm going to take care of this. Its patented Jake Bullet style. And its really great. I'm just going to let it fix itself. I'm going to actively ignore the problem and hope that it goes away on its own. And I'm not letting anyone cut open my foot. And I am never ever going back to that doctor ever again. Hopefully that will work out better that letting that evil, horrid sadist near my foot. I'll bet it wasn't even a painkiller in the needle. It was probably just salt water to make it burn more. And I don't care if I'm being irrational.

I'm gonna go chillax for awhile. I'm sure I'll have better stories tomorrow.

Jake Bullet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

when the infection spreads and starts invading your whole foot and you csan no longer wait because your foot is being eaten alive from the inside out you are gonna wish you'd gone through with it. i still love you though *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I think you did the right thing. That doctor sounded like a right ass. I'd say you should at least try cleaning and evacuating the wound on your own if you're not going to see a doctor. I think rope slut is using a bit of a slippery slope argument with you up there.

Wooz