Saturday, July 23, 2005

Many things

Many things to cover today. Enjoy in good health.

First, the Poet has joined me at work and we're going to take some fun pictures fascinating things at my night job. I want to take up photography so she's very very kindly offered to teach me some of the basics of composition and lighting and whatnot. I probably won't end up taking anything useful, but atleast I might learn one or two things.

Secondly, I'm going to get CPR and first aid certified by a kinky nurse tomorrow. Good times will likely be had by all. Though the odds of this are very very low, I have hopes of some sort of white latex nurses outfit.

Thirdly, I will infact be going back to see a doctor about my foot next Wednesday. When I related the story to my mother (the Mom) she found it very amusing, but that's because I was going for a cute and amusing story when I told her. She let me know that many of her patients (male and female) just won't see male doctors because they move too fast and impersonally. Which makes sense because that whole moving too fast (along his torture tools from the inqusition) were what freaked me out. So yeah, not looking forward to that but the Poet will come along and come to the room and to be honest I don't really have a choice about the matter. Some combination of Jonathan, the Poet, and Siren will kick my ass if I don't go. Atleast its a female doctor. Maybe I'll get a lollipop afterwards.

Fourth, I got to talk most of the night away with Siren last night. And it was really great, also very difficult, very much a good series of conversations, very new and very scary. It was quite the conversation. Because I like lists and its easier to form my thoughts that way, I'll share some of the highlites of things which happened. I am not sharing any of it because some of its private and just not for public consumption. Plus those things would make me blush like a little school girl and that's just not the image I'm going for right now. So enjoy the list about our conversations.

-She won't let me push her away or deflect her questions with humour.
-She is very persuasive.
-Things which embarrass me, she finds often adorable and/or cute.
-Asking for things is very, very hard.
-There are atleast 3 habits, which I have, that are going to suck to try to get rid of (Punishing myself for things, allowing myself to "need" things, trusting others to worry about other things).
-The word "yeah" needs to rapidly leave my vocabulary.
-Next week is going to be very interesting.
-She can read me like a book despite my best attempts to be mysterious.
-We both like alot of the same things.
-I *love* talking to her and getting to know her more. :)

All in all a very good night, though some bits were easier that others. Hopefully we'll get a chance to chat again soon. I'm enjoying this quite a great deal. Enjoying it but scared by it too. Thats a combination of feelings that I'm not used to.

Random side note: the internet and cable TV are broken at my house. I am not pleased. The earliest it gets fixed is Monday. Likely Tuesday or Wednesday. I am mildly perturbed.

Enjoy these fun links.

213 Things Skippy Can't Do

End of the World (Note: Very large but funny file)

Alright, time to go take pretty pictures and pretend to work.

Jake Bullet

No comments: