Friday, July 15, 2005

Mildly annoyed

I'm mildly annoyed and without a car right now, so I figured now was as good a time as any to post here. Enjoy in good health.

My car is gone. So is every other car on the block. And every car on the blocks I can see from my house. I'm peeved. You see, I live in a slightly larger than average city and I also happen to live very close to college thats here. Its very nice because I can easily walk to class and work. However, for the past month I've been using my parents car to commute between various places and its been very nice to have a car. So last night, I parked my car where I always park it. In front on my house. And when I left the house to drive to various and sundry places this morning, my car was gone.

See, the local city councilman was elected by promising the voters that he would 'crack down' on the students. Part of his crackdown is to scheudle street sweeping at times where the maximum number of student owned cars will be parked in the area. Then the city tows them all and charged me for it. Plus a citation for parking in the wrong place during the 10 hour street sweeping window. This means that less and less students are willing to risk parking (legally) on he street, that the city rakes in money from people who generally can't afford towing fees and whatnot (the students) and the councilman gets to say "I'm keeping the city clean and keeping my campaign promises". Isn't local government great??

Now, this isn't what I'd call fair, but what really takes the cake is this. There are no signs. Let me repeat that as it bears repeating. THERE ARE NO SIGNS! I walked up and down this block and several others looking for a note, a sign, or something saying "hey, you can't park here today". And theres nothing. And so, I along with many of my fellow students will be shelling out quite a bit of cash and go thru more than a little hassle to get my car back. I'm very peeved. I was supposed to go take care of errands and whatnot. Now, I have to go try to find a friend who can drive me to the tow lot and then pay the money to get the car back.

I'm mildly annoyed today.

Jake Bullet

2 comments:

Jake Bullet said...

It's all taken care of right now. And I will get my revenge for lovely afternoon I spent getting my car back. Thanks for the offer.

Jake

Anonymous said...

Bra Collar Panties Wristband Sensitiser Treat YourselfBra Collar Panties Wristband Sensitiser