Monday, July 11, 2005

Talking to a Siren

Well, today was generally a good day. A delightfully good day in many ways.

First, and least important, my meeting today went well. Instead of being the 6 hour meeting from the 7th circle of the 10th level of Hades, it was only 2 hours. And my thing got taken care of fairly easily. And in taking care of my thing, I got to bring humor and a light hearted whimsy to an otherwise dry and boring meeting. Andrew and I have about 37 things to work on this coming week. But, atleast the pay is lousy. lol

Second, I only have 4 hours till I can sleep. I've been up for around 21 hours right now and this is kinda the hardest point. But soon, the Poet and her date Benji will appear at the front door and we'll watch the sun rise. Well, I'll watch the sun whilst (double bonus points for using whilst) they make out like horny teenagers on the roof. Oh well, such is my life.

Jonathan and I talked for about 20 minutes today, an occurrence that I consider too rare. Even though on average we get to have a more drawn out talk (read 15+ minutes) about every 5 days. And I was, as I prone to, being a smartass. And he was dishing it right back and I made some comment and so he said "I swear I'm going to hit you....and not in a good way". And I just about died from laughter. (Quick side note: See, Jonathan knows about my BDSM habits. But generally we do not discuss BDSM. Because he isn't into it at all and its weird when we do. Once in awhile if I have a moral conundrum related to BDSM, I can ask him if I avoid salacious details.) So many people these days have to add the qualifier "and not in a good way" when they remark that they're going to slap me for something. And now Jonathan did it and it just tickled me pink. We shared a good laugh over it.

Okay, now the fun part. I got to talk to Siren today. For 3 hours. And the time passed in about 2 seconds for me, it was only after about 2.5 hours that I remembered I had to eat and that I promised to shop with the Poet. It was such a great conversation, we were really clicking and everything flowed and we seem to be on the same wavelength about so many things. And it was really one of the best conversations I've had in along time, very natural feeling, fluidic and comfortable. And a small part of the conversation was about my caffeine intake habits. Which I was not looking forward to because there was no possible way that conversation could have gone well....I thought.

I was wrong. I ended up feeling better after the talk rather than worse as I had presumed. I very briefly got scolded, which I deserved because 1800 migs is just wrong on so many levels and then we talked about what would be a healthier level which would jive with how I generally live my life. And when I was worried about the amount she suggested, instead of things turning bad, we stopped and talked about why I sometimes feel the need to binge on caffeine and how to avoid that. And I realized that if I simply planned better, I would have more study time which would mean I could avoid cramming. And she was really willing to understand that sometimes, in my life with my job, things come up that I have no realistic way to gear up for or plan for and that at those times I just need to kick it into high gear with a little extra caffeine.

And instead of feeling like I was bad for using so much before, or feeling like she was disappointed in me or feeling like the suggestion she had wasn't going to work, I honestly felt good about the talk. Really good actually. And that's what I would call a new feeling. Generally in my life, those sorts of talks with other people leave me feeling down or upset or somehow less than. And she isn't my top or Domme, we're just close friends right now and I really felt better on alot of levels. I think we're both hoping that it moves into more than good friends, but she didn't try and force me to do things her way without any concern for how it was going to affect other parts of my life. She didn't assume that just because she was other peoples Mistress that she was mine, she was just being a really great friend. We had a calm conversation about what would be better and I was never ordered to do anything, its just a suggestion of hers. No rules, or consequences or trying to make it more than it needs to be. And it was something we jointly agreed to. Maybe I'm making too big a deal out of this, but it was special to me and its my blog so I get to write about what I want.

Oh yeah, so a cute transvestite rang my doorbell later this afternoon right before the Poet and I went shopping. She was door knocking for an organization opposed to constitutional amendments which define marriage as one man and one woman. And having done lots of door knocks and similar activities, I was mentally cringing at the lack of smoothness of her delivery. But obviously I signed and checked the "sure I'll volunteer" box. Then while I was filling in various info boxes, I asked how long she had been door knocking. I was her 3rd house where someone answered. So I offered a few pointers which she seemed very happy to get. A nice exchange to be sure. The the Poet and I went shopping and talked about her boy toy for an hour.

Yeah, today was a very good day. Only downside was spending much of it watching where Hurricane Dennis was moving and hoping that it would simply stop and evaporate. But people I care about it are alright, so I'm decidedly relieved.

Tonights quote of the night comes from Siren. We were discussing CBT (never done it) and I said I'd try almost anything twice so long as I knew I wouldn't end up broken and then she made this comment about boy bits. "They are remarkably durable" she says. OMG! Durable! I should be running away and deeply afraid, but yet, I'm intrigued.

Okay, time to lie down a little before the Poet and her sexy, flirty boy toy show up.

Jake Bullet

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay first off I am going to watch TV more cuz untill Jake tod me about the hurricane before we went shopping... I had no clue one even existed. Yes sometimes I live under a rock.

Benji and I were to busy making out on your futon and cuddling and talking and lost track of time and missed the sunrise. We will try again soon though.