Monday, January 30, 2006

Sinsations is coming up

So, I'm jazzed. More than jazzed actually, I'm hella jazzed. I know, its crazy. Why? Sinsations in Leather is coming up very very shortly. Very shortly indeed considering that I'll be in Chitown starting at 9 am on Thursday. Most of Thursday and half of Friday will be spent setting up the event and getting everything ready to go and all that jazz. Then I'll be hanging out in classes, meeting people, seeing friends and hopefully doing a few super duper scenes. But the question is, why (outside of play opportunities) do I spend as much time and money as I do on these conventions?

Well, there are really 2 main reasons. First and foremost, I want to learn as much as I can about kink. Technique, philosophy, relationship advice, theory, all of it. I want to know as much as I can about BDSM and sex positive culture. And these conventions are where its all at.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly for those keeping score at home: kinky friends. I'll admit, I'm looking for a primary partner. And I think (and other very smart people have said) that one of the best ways to meet that "magical someone" (what a blech term) is to have kinky friends. And I have alot of kinky friends. Here in my local community and in Chicago, I have alot of perverts that I'm proud to call my friends. And who knows, maybe one day, one of these friendships will end up with me meeting that special someone. But for now, I love having perverted friends.

And there's the play opportunities. Which are always fun.

Alright well, time to get sleep. I'll have some interesting stuff tomorrow.

Jake Bullet

No comments: