Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Post Xmas

Well, no ones killed anyone over the holidays, right? There were no screaming matches which where augmented by liberal amounts of eggnog? No yelling of phrases like "I wish your mother had never farted you out of her womb!"? No? Good, excellent. Moving along.

Well, as per usual, it has taken Dawson and I about 3 days to realize why we moved out. Here are the variety of things we have been scolded for:

#Dawson's haircut (it looks like a drunk person cut it, and thats probably what happened, but he likes it and frankly looks good in it)
#I don't "properly sleep in the bed" (I refuse to use flat sheets because I don't like them, just a comforter and fitted sheet, and apparently this is bad.....and I've been doing it for 10 years, so this is news to me)
#Dawson and I are both leaving town for New Years (drinking a bottle of champagne and hitting the sheets at 1am isn't appealing to either of us. He's heading to Iowa, I'm headed to the perv club)
#Language. Okay, this one I'll cop to. The phrase "Eat my ass" isn't very nice, but I say it with love and affection ::sweet puppy dog eyes::
#Grandpas party. I'm not even going to discuss this. There is just way too much effort going into the surprise aspect.

Anyway, Xmas went well. Many gifts I am hoping for will likely arrive in about 3 weeks due to it being the anniversary of my birth. I don't want a party. I just want someone to tie me down and hurt me till I cry, then hold me and kiss away tears. And an iPod. Thats ALL. And for the record, I am 21. And not for the first time. I'll be 21 till I turn 65 and am eligible for a Senior discount. 21 damn years old. And I don't need any lip about it.

Xmas Dinner went very well. Dawson ate some bad tort the night before and was out of commission for helping, but The Dad stepped in nicely. And he had no comments about my kicking new apron. And he was more than happy to play a supporting role and follow directions. The food was excellent, I stayed at the dinner table long enough to sample everything and watch everyone eat for signs of anything gone wrong. When I saw and tasted everything and knew it went well, I went and laid down on a couch near the table and closed my eyes and carried on conversations whilst half asleep. Cooking for 7 hours is tough.

I think I'm going to cook stuff again this afternoon.

Seeing Dawson is grand. I miss him when he isn't here.

Um, I got some rockin gifts including an Indian cookbook (mmmmmm....erotic curries) and a "Wusthof" chefs knife. Now Wusthof is the best type of knife in the world, but an 8" Chef's Knife is $110 and thats without any wood block to hold it or anything fancy, just the knife.

So The Dad got me a very nice Martha Stewart knife that was "engraved". Here is what the "engraving" on Xerox paper read (in part) "Dear Customer, We swear this really is a Whatsit brand knife.....er Wusthof knife. We've just been selling them like hot cakes and ran out of packaging. So we called up Martha and worked out a deal to package the Whatsit brand knifes. She's kinda been down on her luck since that whole prison thing. Enjoy your German Whatsit knife".

I have to admit I did laugh at that, alot actually. And I really didn't expect a Wusthof, it was a joke on my list, but I needed a good knife.

I also got copper pans!!! How awesome, hella functional and cool looking. I am so going to be chefing it up next semester.

Its been a good holiday so far. Toodles.

Jake Bullet

No comments: