Thursday, June 16, 2005

How cool

How cool do I feel right now? I got mentioned in Mistress Matisse's blog. I've found so many great stories, interesting people and unique ideas by reading her blog.....now for me to be mentioned there, well, I'm just tickled pink. Which reminds me that I have a few e-mails to send to people from Shibaricon. Now, since I may have picked up a reader or two from people who followed Matisse over, I should make a much better effort to post daily. Here's today's post, about the delightful Twisted Monk.

I had the opportunity to meet Monk while at Shibaricon and buy some of his fabulous rope. All I can say is I am never using anything but hemp ever. Its beautifully made, smells so wonderful (anyone know how to make that "new rope" smell last???), and feels great across the skin or running through my hands. I also had several opportunities to talk to Monk and he really is just such a great guy. He has this nature about him, this unique energy and enthusiasm for life, kink and rope. You can tell just from watching him holding his own rope how much he loves what he does and how much he loves sharing his rope and his kink with the world. Plus, he's just funny as hell and looks as hot as can be in a kilt. I'd love to have the opportunity to sit down with him over a beer one day and just 'chew the fat', as it were Hopefully later this year I'll be able to make it to Portland to see Dawson and then up to Seattle for a day or two to take one of Max's classes and get some more rope. A plan is in the works.

In other news, the Poet and I took the opportunity earlier to learn about floggers. Or rather I learned about them. Since I am house sitting my parents home and we have it to ourselves, she pulled out her floggers and taught me the basics of swinging one. After working a pillow over for about 45+ minutes with her offering some very constructive critiques and pointers (like how to avoid wrapping), she let me take a few swings at her with her lightest warmup flogger. The more and more I do 'topish' things, the more I can see what Doms and Tops get out of BDSM. It was really nice just giving her a few well placed whacks and watching her wiggle invitingly. Too bad she's just a friend and not a potential partner. All of this should come in handy since a local Top asked me to be his target when he offers a flogging demo. Fortunately, he promised it was an intro level workshop and he wouldn't hit me like he does his partner.

Well, I really should be asleep right now, as I have to be up in about 5 hours, but I just couldn't sleep and writing seemed like a good plan. Well, I'm off to try to sleep. Tomorrow look for more Shibaricon stories and possibly a list of BDSM toys I plan to get this year to fill out my new toy bag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree in regards to hemp rope, now I won't use anything else (although we did buy rainbow's stuff too)Monk is a super cool guy.

I'm a switch and Yeah it's fun to experience both side ;-)

Unknown said...

You did really well with the flogger hun, and I must admit it's alot of fun helping you practice. :)