Sunday, May 01, 2005

Houses, houses everywhere

Well, once again here I sit to type and let my thoughts percolate and bubble. Many topics to cover before I scamper off to work on various projects. Also, for the record, I will start trying to blog everyday and go more into fun S&M stuff and political stuff soon. Its just been difficult to get back in the habit of blogging.

Being that I make almost no money, that I have more bills than one would expect and that I have chosen to live in certain areas of the town, I have roommates. Now, When moving into this current house, part of the lease was that the landlord would find 2 other people to occupy the house and it would be solely his choice. Well, originally the roommates and I got along quite well, we went to bars together, watched movies, smoked alot of cigarettes and generally had a good time. Right now, I live with a boy and a girl who happen to be dating. And they are still in that very "couple-ish" mode even after all these months. Well, once they started dating I started spending less time with them because I had better things to do and so we have drifted apart a little bit. Well, I had always operated under the assumption, because we all agreed to this awhile ago, that I would stay at this house and they would either also stay next year or move out. But either way, I was supposed to stay here. Well not so much anymore.

Then about 2 weeks ago, they suddenly spring on me "well, we were hoping you could move out because we want to stay here and have another couple move in.". And I am pretty peeved about that because it has been extraordinarily difficult to find a house. Most people in the area, find 2 other potential roommates and then they look for an open house and rent it. Since I refuse to room with friends of mine (for reasons I'll go into later), I have to search for 2 people with a house who are willing to let me move in. And that's difficult to find. More so because I only started looking in the last 2 weeks and not 6 weeks ago when most people started. But, despite this, I just found a house. My room would be bigger, the rent is lower, its closer to where I need to be and its very close to some cool restaurants. The only problem is now I have to move all my shit. Which would suck, but is even worse because of a little trip I'm taking.

I'm going to Shibaricon during memorial day weekend, which is the time I really should be moving because I need to be out of my current house by June 1. But that's alright because I will find a way to get everything moved without missing the event. One slight hiccup is that I invited Monk, of TwistedMonk, to come by on his way to Shibaricon. It would be so incredible to have him stop by, it would just make the move slightly tighter. I am just waiting till he e-mails or posts what his route will be before I make any plans. The Poet is also jazzed because I think she wants Monk to tie her up, which would be cool to see. But yeah, I really hope Monk makes a stop here, because that would just be absolutely amazing.

Well, I have way too much stuff to do and I have already spent too much time blogging, so any other thoughts have to wait till tomorrow.

No comments: