Monday, January 15, 2007

Important Decision

I've made an important decision. I'm going to stop watching TV.

I watch too much TV. And because I spend time doing that, I don't spend enough time, reading working on side projects, reading, seeing friends, reading, sleeping or reading. And while TV is nice and one can learn alot and be a better person, the drawbacks are too big.

It sucks too much of my time, the commercials rot my brain, it promotes lazy thinking, and the keep adding new reality TV shows which make me want to kill myself.

Now, I'm not going to become some anti TV Nazi. I'm just going to unplug my TV and unless I have a good specific reason for using it, its stays off. I'll keep my DVD player hooked to it and my Xbox hooked in and I'll still use those, but not alot. I don't use those alot now, so they can stay. But the days on always saying "i'm bored, lets veg out in front of TV for 3 hours" are done. I may still watch now and again, but not nearly as much, as often or as bad as I do now.

I haven't given this a ton of thought, but it just seems like a good idea. So I'm following an impulse.

Bye bye TV.

Jake

No comments: