Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I've taken several phone calls today from a variety of people. Not one of them has said goodbye. Everyone just hangs up these days.

On a seperate note, tomorrow is going to be less fun. Why? I've been "invited" by my grandfather to a luncheon with the GOP candidate for Governor and Rudy Gulliani. Its a $50 per head fundraising event for the GOP. ANd I have to give my cgrandfather credit on a variety of levels. He tries to be active in local and state politics. He is trying to spend time with me doing things that he believes me to have interest in (politics). He is trying to get the sisters (Chip and Dip) interested in politics by bringing them. And he doesn't ussually beat me over the head with GOP propaganda. There are a few little problems.


I'm not even a little bit conservative. I never have and have little intention of voting for a GOP candiate. I'm a registered Democrat. I'm a kinky, bisexual, polyamorus guy. I've actively campaigned for a variety of Democrats. I've donated time and money to defeating the GOP. I have no interest in a GOP fundraiser.


I've always been really wishy washy with him on my political leanings. He knows I'm a Dem, but I soften to avoid fights. And this unfortunately, has lead to the belief that either a) I'm interested in hearing propogranda from both parties and that I'm open to alot of ideas or b) that I might flip parties.


Problem is.....I'm in politics to win. Thats what I care about. I'm not into a blanaced discussion of the issues in an election year. I'm in it to win and to see my party gain more power.

Oh well, nothing I can do now. However, I am going to make it more clear that scheduling me for things without giving me anything more than an offhand comment about something like this won't happen. I'll grant that I said something to the effect of "Oh, that's nice" when he mentioned this several weeks ago, but I didn't commit to anything, I didn't indicate interest, and I didn't say that I was free that day.


Oh well, I'll just deal with it.


Jake

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't there something about keeping your enemies closer....? Maybe you'll learn something useful by listening to the opposite side's stuff?